This is a blog where I tell you (whoever is viewing this) about my life in anonymous terms. What I write will be what I'm thinking and what I never really say. Someone needs to know my thoughts, I think. Maybe not. Anyway, I hope you find my blog entertaining, interesting, and inspiring. Or something of that sort.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Quote Relatable to the Present

"It would seem that around these centres of mass-movement, the powerful machines, the huge horses of civilization devouring coal and spewing flame, the polluted earth trembles and splits open to swallow up the ancient dwellings of men and allow new ones to appear."

-Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

I personally, along with this thought, think that it is sad how technology over runs everything that is older. It removes us from a reality and forces us to accept another one. I guess that's what progress is then. 
I think that's why I like to visit different areas of time. Because those are the realities that I'd like to live in as opposed to the one I'm living in now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment